Location: East side of US 301 at Ringling Blvd
by Charles Ringling in 1925 on the site of the number one green
of the Old Gillespie Golf Course, this building was originally
known as the Ringling Terrace Hotel. IT later became known as
the Sarasota Terrace Hotel. After passing through several ownerships
IT was purchased by Arthur Allyn to house the Chicago White
Sox baseball team during spring training. After weathering the
Great Depression, hurricanes and the wars that followed, the
hotel finally closed IT 's doors. The building was purchased
by Sarasota County in 1972. After extensive remodeling, IT is
now the Sarasota County Administration Center.
County Historical Commission 1982.